Fall is my favorite season! Of course it is so much different here than in the north, but there are still some things to look forward to! The humidity dropped last week and we had a few days of just perfect weather! The kids and I took advantage of it and hit the beach. We went to St. Andrews State Park and my kids were the only ones in the kiddie pool. (If you come during peak season you can hardly find a spot on the beach!) I got to use the lounge chairs for free and the kids had a great time. We built a sand castle, found lots of small fish, and even got to see some rather large boats coming into port. The kids favorite sport on the beach is chasing the seagulls. This is a picture of them sneaking up on them.
Sam has really enjoyed the beach this year. Mommy has enjoyed the fact that everyone can walk themselves to the beach and even help carry small items!
Maddie is just like a fish and has no fear of just jumping into the water and swimming around. She gets this from her dad as I prefer to stay on the sand and soak up the sun!

Sam has really enjoyed the beach this year. Mommy has enjoyed the fact that everyone can walk themselves to the beach and even help carry small items!
Maddie is just like a fish and has no fear of just jumping into the water and swimming around. She gets this from her dad as I prefer to stay on the sand and soak up the sun!The next best thing about Fall is the beginning of football season! This is one sport that I really do enjoy watching and Troy and I have been amused at how much the kids seem interested in it this year. After church on Sunday they always want to wear their jerseys. Sam brings down his football so he and Daddy can practice during the commercial breaks. No matter who is playing both kids constantly yell "Go Colts!!!"
In the truck after night church on Sunday Maddie said "why don't we just get cozy in our jammies and turn on some football?" No complaints out of mom or dad on that one!
In the truck after night church on Sunday Maddie said "why don't we just get cozy in our jammies and turn on some football?" No complaints out of mom or dad on that one!
As an added bonus to our Florida fall this year, a new apartment complex was built in the spring right down the street from us and they planted maple trees in the parking lot. When we drove by the other day they had turned a beutiful orange and red! I wanted to stop in and grab some leaves for my house, but it's a gated community :-(
2 comments:
Oh, Mary, are you forcing your kids to be Colts fans? You know they would much rather be Patriots fans ot they could could side with me and be Bengals fans!!!! We need to get together soon, now that I am back.
I love the fall too! Somehow it doesn't make me want to go to the beach, but I guess you deal with what you've got! And GO COLTS!!!!
Post a Comment