The fall festival at our church is a big highlight of our fall. The kids love the bouncy houses, games and tons of candy they get. This year they even had an amusement ride that the kids rode first. They were then queasy the rest of the night. Troy got on it with them and he didn't feel too hot either!
Maddie went as Super girl. She wanted to be super girl last year, but I will admit I'm pretty cheep when it comes to halloween costumes so I didn't want to pay the $30 price tag! Fortunately Melinda and I found this costume for a couple of bucks at a yard sale when I was home this fall. Maddie loved it! I will admit I thought she looked pretty cute myself!
Poor Sam...he was having a rough day. He had talked about being a knight for months prior to halloween. We had his costume ready complete with a dagger- not to be confused with a sword. The weather wasn't cooperating with this costume choice because it was around 90 degrees when we got out of church that morning. We tried to modify the costume with shorts, but it just wasn't the same. He then decided he would go as a pirate so I tried to whip something up real fast giving myself a 3rd degree burn while trying to apply gold buttons to a little red vest with the glue gun. When I got the costume done I got a disappointed response- tears. He said he just didn't want to go at all, but we had him go without dressing up. Long story short- when we got home from the festival and eating out with friends he was crying that his head hurt and he ended up having a 101.5 degree temperature.
I know looking at this picture you can tell he didn't feel good and you would have taken his temp instead of making him go to the festival. Looking back at this picture I can tell too, but at the time I was just trying to make it to the festival on time with everyone in costume.
Meggie-moo went as a ballerina. The cutest one there if you ask me! She wore Maddie's head piece from her recital last year, a tutu we got at The Children's Place for a $1.98 and some little ballet slippers that Madaline had as a baby. She also wore some leg warmers since the temperature started to cool off as we headed out. There were a ton of people there and navigating the stroller turned out to be close to impossible so Troy took the kids around to the booths while Megan and I people watched and stood around looking cute.
Maddie went as Super girl. She wanted to be super girl last year, but I will admit I'm pretty cheep when it comes to halloween costumes so I didn't want to pay the $30 price tag! Fortunately Melinda and I found this costume for a couple of bucks at a yard sale when I was home this fall. Maddie loved it! I will admit I thought she looked pretty cute myself!
Poor Sam...he was having a rough day. He had talked about being a knight for months prior to halloween. We had his costume ready complete with a dagger- not to be confused with a sword. The weather wasn't cooperating with this costume choice because it was around 90 degrees when we got out of church that morning. We tried to modify the costume with shorts, but it just wasn't the same. He then decided he would go as a pirate so I tried to whip something up real fast giving myself a 3rd degree burn while trying to apply gold buttons to a little red vest with the glue gun. When I got the costume done I got a disappointed response- tears. He said he just didn't want to go at all, but we had him go without dressing up. Long story short- when we got home from the festival and eating out with friends he was crying that his head hurt and he ended up having a 101.5 degree temperature.
I know looking at this picture you can tell he didn't feel good and you would have taken his temp instead of making him go to the festival. Looking back at this picture I can tell too, but at the time I was just trying to make it to the festival on time with everyone in costume.
Meggie-moo went as a ballerina. The cutest one there if you ask me! She wore Maddie's head piece from her recital last year, a tutu we got at The Children's Place for a $1.98 and some little ballet slippers that Madaline had as a baby. She also wore some leg warmers since the temperature started to cool off as we headed out. There were a ton of people there and navigating the stroller turned out to be close to impossible so Troy took the kids around to the booths while Megan and I people watched and stood around looking cute.
1 comment:
Poor Sam! It's no fun to feel yucky! However, the girls looked adorable! I love the flying supergirl pose! Hope Sam is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment