Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patch (sort of)

Ok- I don't want any Northerners laughing at this post. I realize that some pumpkins setting on the side of the road may not seem like a 'patch' to you'all but down here we have to take what we can get! Last year we went to an awesome farm and got our pumpkins, but they cancelled all their fall festivities this year. Our choices then narrowed to wal-mart or this patch-so we choose to go to the 'patch'.
The kids had fun picking their pumpkins! Maddie wanted a big one, but the 'patch' is a little pricey so we settled on small ones for everyone!

Sam wanted a small one. He said he was going to pick out one that his 'strong muscles can carry'. I guess he didn't want any help toting his pumpkin this year.

Even Megan got one. She didn't really care. She is just happy to suck on her fist or paci or whatever is near her mouth.

When we checked out the kids wanted to use this little cart to take their pumpkins to the car. Our car was parked about 5 feet from where you pay and these pumpkins are huge so you can see the necessity in this. The lady was very kind and let them pull it over to the car.
The kids said this was the best pumpkin patch ever. I'm very grateful they are so easy to please!

1 comment:

Melissa Ruff said...

haha! love the cart! I think the conflict in your family, (Troy's hat, and Sam's shirt) could be resolved if they could just agree on becoming Razorback fans!! :)