Thursday, June 2, 2011

10 Months

Well today Megan turns 10 months old. That seems very close to one year. She is still such a happy baby girl and makes us all laugh daily! She is getting very verbal and expressive. She says "bye-bye" and waves when anyone leaves her sight. She gives great hugs and says "love you". She has said "Sam" and loves to cuddle his head and pull his little hair. She loves to sit on Maddie's lap and play. She has also learned that older brother and sister can be a little rough and take things from her and she knows how to express dislike for this as well! She has 4 teeth now and is on table food. I'm working on weaning her. She refuses to take numerous kinds of sippies and bottles. She will however, take the little bottles she took when she was in the NICU ?!? Whatever works I guess! They are small and she can hold them so I'm hoping this will be the beginning of learning how to take a sippy cup. Her favorite way to drink is straight from a glass....like everyone else at the table I guess!
She is into everything! She army crawls very fast and can pull up on small things. (She didn't pull up to this train table. I set her there to play while I cleaned Sam's room.) She has tried a few times to get up the stairs so it looks like the gate is going to have to come out. She definitely wants to be where the action is and now a constant phrase at our house is "No, No Megan!". She has a little bit of crazy hair and WILL NOT leave a hair bow, wrap, barrette ect... in it. So we go into public with crazy hair and dirty shirts all the time since her army crawling produces a dust mop effect in my house that is hard to keep real clean when it is under construction. If she were my first child this might bother me, but she is my third and I think a little bit of dirt and hair that is unmanageable is beautiful!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Adorable! She's getting so big! And crazy hair and dirty shirts are perfectly ok! No one notices that sort of thing except the mom anyway. :) Both of my boys need a haircut and when their hair gets to this length it tends to stick out randomly. I just pretend not to notice and figure they couldn't care less what their hair looks like.

Jen Green said...

We need to get our little ones together and catch up ourselves! We got back from our vacation on Tuesday morning and I'm still not completely recovered. Lets hangout soon though. We might need to plan a backyard play date at your house because it's getting so hot and we don't have much to do outside except ride bikes.

Anonymous said...

I remember someone else who had unmanageable hair! It is so cute!! Most celebraties look like they just got out of bed (and, gospel singers too!!), so I'd say Megan is just "stylin" G'ma