Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Slime!

Well, it's summer.

Summers in Florida and I have a love/hate relationship.

I love that we are out of school and have little or no running around to do each day.

I hate that it is so hot outside that you melt if you try and enjoy your free time outdoors.

So this brings us to doing creative things indoors!

Today we made slime.

It was relatively easy and it actually entertained the kids for 3 hours! They loved making it themselves and then playing with it. I loved that we had everything on hand to make it and as long as they kept it on their play mats there was very little mess involved.

Here's how we made it.....

Mix 2 Tbs of water with 2 Tbs of glue

Add food coloring of choice and mix well

In another container mix 1 cup of borax with water until dissolved.

Slowly stir small amounts of borax mixture into glue mixture until consistency desired is achieved.

Remove slime and rinse in water.

Store in air tight container.

We mixed everything in plastic cups with wooden craft sticks so the mess was easy to clean up. The one thing I will say is that the food coloring seemed to slightly come off on their hands as they played with it.


The kids had lots of fun cutting, shaping and letting their slime mold around objects.
I can see us doing this again sometime. I'm also on the look out for other little projects like this. Do you have any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!! G'ma