Thursday, June 11, 2009

Water Fight

Troy and I decided this post should start..."You might be a redneck if your kids swim in five gallon buckets on the back deck!"In my defense of being a 'redneck woman' it has been in the upper 90's here this week and we are hot. We haven't purchased the kids a wadding pool yet so I let the kids fill up these buckets and have a water fight one day. Now they think it should be an every day occurrence and I'm happy to oblige. It gets them out of the house and they don't have a heat stroke!
My kids are usually happy when they are around any kind of water. The kids have had great fun, but Troy announced today that we would be purchasing a wadding pool for them this weekend. Maybe we will also get some super soakers so we can have a real water fight....I'll keep you posted!

Sam's ducky giving Maddie a kiss. Such a sweet brother!

1 comment:

Melissa Ruff said...

This is good for them, make them appreciate that little blow up swimming pool! My only suggestion is to let them use a 1 gal. ice cream bucket next time! hehe