Well I guess I'm thirty today. Really didn't know how it would feel, but so far it has felt like any other busy day. I told Troy I was going to take the day off and just enjoy the kids...but I'm a mom right? So the day started with me drying a red crayon in with an entire load of laundry. This caused a hurried trip to the grocery store to purchase Tide, Shout and Vinegar (one cup of each by the way will get crayon out!). Then Sam and I had to run to the bank and to the tax collectors office to pay our vehicle tags (thank you state of Florida for that little birthday treat! Every year you have to renew your tags on you birthday). After that I ran into Joann Fabrics (Not Sam's favorite store) Well there were quite a few people in front of us in line to have fabric cut and Sam has about 5 min of patience when we are just sitting still. I tried to use all my mommy tricks, but he keep saying phrases like "When will it be our turn?" "What is that lady doing?" I gave him the 'hush it' look at this point and got a tractor out of my purse. He decided to throw a fit in the cart that no child his age should throw then he caught the look on my face...so he started saying "I'm not acting out! Please don't give me a spanking!!!!" Luckily She was done with us and we were headed to the check out at this time. The poor check out lady was sweating like crazy because it is blazing hot down here right now and the cash registers are by the door. Sam points to her and says "Is that a girl?" Trying to play this off, I quickly respond "Yea, that's our girl she's checking us out." And then clear as a little bell his voice rings out "No momma, that's not what I'm saying! I said is that a girl or a boy?" Since there is no playing this off. I quickly paid the lady and left the store....Sam did get punished and he got a long talk about rudeness. Of course not so sure that one will stick in a 2 year old's brain! I'm not sure if I will ever go back into Joann's, but hopefully the lady had kids and realizes that they say the darnedest things! I really am just laughing about it now; Don't want to cry on my birthday! So I guess I am enjoying the kids, just not relaxing.
On a much happier note, this is a picture of my birthday present from Troy. It's a personal embroidery machine with a Disney package. I'm very excited to get started on a new project. He also got me one year of lessons so I start that on Saturday. It's a very cool machine and I was very shocked that he thought of it. I didn't even ask! He was pretty sly and had bought us a deep freezer..when I opened that my heart sank a little because I thought that was rather practical for a birthday gift, but when I opened the freezer up he had this little guy tucked inside. What a great husband!!
2 comments:
Honestly, As long as the kids are awake, there is no such think as relax. If it is the heat making them like they have been, then this is going to be a long summer! Happy Birthday, again!
Sounds like a fun day! haha :) It's probably a good thing you were so busy, takes your mind off of turning 30! Maybe you should teach Sam the quiet game while you're in a store, might help with all the commenting! That little guy sure can talk good!
Post a Comment