Saturday, May 11, 2013

Songs

 None of our children are quiet...they each have a unique way of making their presence know! Meg has been singing recently. She sings in the car. She sings in the bathroom. She sings while she plays. 
 She has recently been accompanying herself on the piano while she sings. She sings songs she knows such as "Jesus Loves Me" or "Happy Birthday" and she makes songs up. Sometimes she dances as she sings to the music in her head.
One day during Sam's last week of school, Marla Grace was screaming, Maddie was trying to listen to her school with her ear phones, Sam was asking me a question and Meg was in the bathroom singing. I needed a  little break from the noise, so I opened the bathroom door and asked Megan to quit singing. She looked up at me with sweet blue eyes and said "But Mom, I have a song!" I'm thankful for the Songs God gives her and the joy they bring to our home :-) She reminds me of her Mimi who also always had a song to sing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see the music traveling through the generations - a real gift from God!! G'ma

Fitzsy said...

Very sweet!