I think I may be slightly obsessed with being thrifty....
I have been couponing for almost one year now and have really saved a ton of money. I got burnt out in the summer for a little while, but for the most part have been sticking it out. For clothes I usually shop off season for sales for the kids and myself, but recently I have been going to half price day at Goodwill. Sometimes I feel like going to Goodwill is a waste of time because they don't always have what I want and seem over priced. A friend of mine from church told me about half price day and so I thought I would try it. I went a few Mondays ago around 3 pm and the shelves were cleared....bummer. So then I developed a new strategy. I have been going about one hour before the clothes go half price and then I'm ready to check out when the half price sale starts. I really scored today and got the kids some awesome clothes for very cheep!
I got Sam some new Ralph Lauren shirts and a sweater vest for church, a Florida gator shirt, jeans that looked brand new from Children's Place and a new pair of Levi corduroy pants. Maddie got 2 beautiful spring dresses, Gap and Children's Place jeans, jean shorts from Children's Place, a few new shirts, and Capri's from Justice. I paid less than the price of one of the dresses brand new! Ahhh, it feels good to be saving money on items we have to have!
I have been couponing for almost one year now and have really saved a ton of money. I got burnt out in the summer for a little while, but for the most part have been sticking it out. For clothes I usually shop off season for sales for the kids and myself, but recently I have been going to half price day at Goodwill. Sometimes I feel like going to Goodwill is a waste of time because they don't always have what I want and seem over priced. A friend of mine from church told me about half price day and so I thought I would try it. I went a few Mondays ago around 3 pm and the shelves were cleared....bummer. So then I developed a new strategy. I have been going about one hour before the clothes go half price and then I'm ready to check out when the half price sale starts. I really scored today and got the kids some awesome clothes for very cheep!I got Sam some new Ralph Lauren shirts and a sweater vest for church, a Florida gator shirt, jeans that looked brand new from Children's Place and a new pair of Levi corduroy pants. Maddie got 2 beautiful spring dresses, Gap and Children's Place jeans, jean shorts from Children's Place, a few new shirts, and Capri's from Justice. I paid less than the price of one of the dresses brand new! Ahhh, it feels good to be saving money on items we have to have!
No comments:
Post a Comment