We have been having some fall fun lately :-) We have been pretty busy so we missed any trips to the pumpkin patch this year. The closest real patch is about a 2 hour drive and we just didn't have a Saturday to go. They do have some "patches" around here which are actually just pumpkins laying out in the grass/sand. The kids like to go so we set out Saturday to pick the perfect pumpkin. Unfortunately the entire town was out. All the patches were closed. The stores were out also. So, bummer. Anyway we found these small guys and the kids drew little faces on them.
On Sunday was our churches fall festival. It is a huge event and community outreach. Troy and I ran a booth so Don and Mary stepped up and helped the kids participate. They had tons of fun. The girls dressed alike and Maddie was so excited. She said "Megan and I are twins!" We found these little bumblebee outfits for $1 last year after Halloween! Maddie and I made the girls little tu-tus and we were set.
On Sunday was our churches fall festival. It is a huge event and community outreach. Troy and I ran a booth so Don and Mary stepped up and helped the kids participate. They had tons of fun. The girls dressed alike and Maddie was so excited. She said "Megan and I are twins!" We found these little bumblebee outfits for $1 last year after Halloween! Maddie and I made the girls little tu-tus and we were set.
Sam was a Florida Gator Football player. Since his life dream now is to be a Gator quarter back this was perfect for him. We actually found this little jersey last Christmas at Goodwill when all of my sisters and Mom went thrift shopping. I just sewed some shoulder pads in and then re purposed some old karate pants into football pants and he was good to go.
Megan liked her outfit about as much as she looks like she liked it in the picture! We dressed her up and put her in her stroller and it just didn't work with the wings and all. Oh well, Maybe next year!
The Fall Festival had a highlight on Community Helpers and the kids had as much fun getting in all the emergency vehicles as they did the bounce houses! All the police, fireman, and swat team members were so kind to the kids and great about posing for pictures and answering questions.

On Halloween Night we ate dinner with some friends and the kids went Trick-or-treating in their Neighbor hood and then passed candy out. This is really only the 2nd time we have trick-or -treated and the kids picked up on things real fast!
This is Maddie and Sam with their good friends Sydney and Drew. It was so cute watching them go from house to house holding hands and giggling. The kids went the next day and sold their candy back to their dentist who buys it back and sends it to the troops. They colored pictures for the troops and then headed to Target to spend the loot! 
3 comments:
How adorable! What fun experiences for the kids! I fixed for trick or treaters, but only had Dana and her 3 and Natalie and her two. Amanda usually comes, but didn't make it this year. So, I'll take my extra bags to church I guess. Anyway, I almost get dizzy when I think of your schedule. Never a dull moment, I say! G'ma M
How adorable! What fun experiences for the kids! I fixed for trick or treaters, but only had Dana and her 3 and Natalie and her two. Amanda usually comes, but didn't make it this year. So, I'll take my extra bags to church I guess. Anyway, I almost get dizzy when I think of your schedule. Never a dull moment, I say! G'ma M
Looks a like a fun time! Love the costumes! Megan looks alot like Maddie in the picture of her!
Post a Comment