Saturday, April 9, 2011

Strawberry time!

It's strawberry time here in Florida! We love going to the pick your own farm every year. The kids were very excited when they found out this was the week we were going. I'm glad we didn't tell them until one day before we went because they were constantly asking if it was time to go! They love to eat the strawberries and see the animals that they have at the farm. We went with our good friends the Berger's and Don and Mary. The crop was really good this year. I got out of most of the work, unless you consider carrying Megan around the whole farm and taking pictures work. Yesterday before we went Maddie said "Can we please go now?!? I just want to taste those berries!!!" And she did! Sam was all work as usual- he was looking for the 'big ones'!
We even let Megan chew on one...she loved it! We went when Troy got off so the lighting was pretty bad for pictures, but I liked this one of the kids on the tractor. Such sweet kiddos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun Mary! I remember doing the strawberry patches at Plant City, FL. There was a time when we did that in this area, but there were no "rides" or other entertainment, just picking! G'ma