In Florida this summer we have been getting rain, rain and more rain! The end of June and all of July have been pretty devastating to a lot of the State because of flooding. In Panama City I think I could count on one hand the days we haven't had rain in the month of July! We have had lots of terrible thunder storms also with the lightening causing 2 fires close to our house. I took the kids for a short walk in our neighborhood yesterday and most of the yards have water standing in them. Because of this a lot of our regular outdoor-type summer activities have been put on hold. The kids are getting a little antsy with having to stay inside so this weekend Troy took them on an indoor camp-in and Nerf gun safari! They had a blast!
They helped daddy make the "tent" out of blankets and folding chairs.
When it got dark Troy set up all kinds of stuffed animals and the kids took their Nerf guns and flash lights and went and hunted them down.
They had little lanterns for light and then watched an episode of wipe-out before going to bed.
They really thought it was a lot of fun and I got up the next morning and made a camp-in breakfast of pancakes and bacon. We are planning a camping trip to Disney the middle of October so this was great practice for the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment