Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Party!

My brother Matt and his family are down from IN this week on their Spring Break. It has been one of Maddie's requests every year to have her cousins at her birthday party, so on Saturday we had a little party for her with Matt's girls. Here is a picture with Matt's three youngest girls. Maddie and Liberty are the same age and had tons of fun together.
Maddie wanted a rainbow birthday cake. She was pretty specific in her wishes even though she doesn't like cake. I actually had pretty short notice to throw this together since Matt and Dana came down earlier than we thought, so I only did 4 colors. Maddie was very quick to point out that the purple and orange layers were missing, but I told her Mommy was doing the best she could with what we had on hand! It was a very yummy cake with chocolate butter cream icing. I'm so glad Matt and his girls we here to help me eat it!


No comments: