Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remember When

Last night Megan didn't sleep well. Mama didn't sleep well either. When I was up in the night at the hours of 11, 1, 3 and then 6 I was thinking about a blog post I wanted to do. I wish I had been sleeping, but since I wasn't, I thought it would be cute to do a post about every Valentine Day Troy and I had spent together. I could actually remember the first 2, then life becomes a blur. I thought I would go back through pictures and remember all the Valentine dates we had gone on, but I couldn't find any pictures to document that we had gone out either. This is what I found....Valentines Day 2003.
Troy sent me 23 roses while he was stationed in the middle East.They arrived on the 15th of February. There is still some discussion over whether he forgot Valentines Day or was just mixed up because of the huge time difference. (Please forgive the poor quality of this picture that was actually scanned from a scrapbook.)

Valentines Day 2004.
This was actually Troy and my original wedding date. We moved the wedding to December 27th, 2003 when Troy got early orders home from Bahrain. We couldn't move our honeymoon so we were in Jamaica for this Valentines Day. We had to fly out of Indy for our trip and we stayed at my parents over night. I got Mono form my sister while we were there and was very sick for the next 4 months. (Not as sick as Melinda was from the illness by any means and I'm not blaming her for that transmission at all because I know I didn't kiss her- just the facts people!)
(Please overlook how squishy my arm appears in the picture...I think Troy was just gripping it extra hard or it was a bad camera angle or something.)Valentines Day 2005
We are 8 months pregnant now with Madaline and anxiously awaiting her arrival which occurred exactly one month later. (Ok- we all know why I look squishy in this picture)Valentines Day 2006.
Madaline is now 11 months old and I'm about 8 weeks pregnant with Sam. (I'm beginning to realize why these years seemed like a blur...)Valentines Day 2007.
Look at these cuties!Valentines Day 2008 and 2009.
And the cuties are getting bigger.And Valentine Day 2010.
Maddie is almost five Sam is three and little Megan is on her way.
It is curious to me that these are the pictures that were taken on Valentines Day. (I'll document this years festivities in a seperate post) Last night Troy and I did go out for Valentines Day, and I do remember that we went to the restaurant the 'firefly' one year. I guess I'm just better at taking picture of the kids than I am of documenting the dates Troy and I go on! Since Valentine's Day is all about love, this post seems very appropriate because it is full of people I love <3>

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Okay, I finally found my paper with my login and password for your blog, so I can comment again! I'm just impressed that you could find a picture from Valentine's Day every year!