Monday, January 31, 2011

Black and White

Saturday was beautiful here and Daddy had to work so I took advantage of the nice weather and snapped some black and white picture of the kids. They are getting huge by the way. They are getting huge very fast. Too fast actually. Maddie will be 6 in about 6 weeks. Really? Was it six years ago that I had her? She is definitely growing up. She is a huge help with Megan and I have seen her mature this year in lots of ways. She loves to help me in the kitchen. She still has a very active imagination. Loves to play with Sam and loves to laugh. She always wants her toenails painted. She wants her hair to grow all the way to her bottom and it almost has. Wasn't it just a minute ago that she was 2 and she barely had any hair? She makes me proud in so many ways.

Sam will be 5 this year. Yes I said that right...FIVE! I can remember being on bed rest with him wondering if he was going to make it. I can remember how long those 7 weeks felt. They felt about as long as the past 5 years. I can remember having him in approximately 45 minutes. I can remember about 20 people rushing into the delivery room ready to whisk him away to the special care nursery. I can remember looking at Troy and feeling so much happiness that we laughed when they all left the room and told us he was perfect and could stay right with us.
Sam has made us laugh everyday since.

This is our little Joy. She definitely carries her name well. She will be 6 months old in 2 days. Holy Cow...six months old already? She loves Maddie and Sam. Her face lights up and she tries to grab them anytime they come near her. She pats my back now every time I pick her up. When things get tense with three kids it actually helps calm me down. She pats my back letting me know it will be alright. She also loves her Daddy. She buries her face in his neck when he picks her up. It makes him smile. Which makes me smile. She has definitely brought 6 months of Joy to our family!

2 comments:

Joany said...

Your kids are gorgeous and it sounds like they all have fantastic personalities. Little Maddie is a mini-Mary, huh?

Amy said...

These pics are beautiful! Makes me happy and a little sad...that I can't give them a big hug :( They are growing so fast and are so precious! Wish we were closer. Love you guys!