While we were up in Indiana over the Holidays we went to the Terre Haute Children's Museum with alot of our Amis cousins. (Some of the cousins couldn't come due to some sort of mutated stomach virus we all seem to get when we are together....it's a pretty big bummer) We have been to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis many times, but this was our first time to visit the one in Terre Haute. It was very nice, but on a much smaller scale as compared to the one in Indy. The kids had a great time and maybe even learned something!
One of the favorite exhibits was this huge bubble maker. The kids could step in on the black circle and then pull the string and a very large bubble would come up all around them. This is Maddie just as her bubble popped. There were about 6 adults watching around 11 kids in our group and at one point I looked over and Liberty and Maddie were in this exhibit together and had quite a long line behind them with a few parents in the line that were giving the "Who is supposed to be watching these kids!" look on their face. I'm sure they had been in there for quite a while so like any responsible Mother I sent Troy to get them out!
Here is Sam with his bubble around him.
They had a pretty big emphasis on agriculture- we were in Indiana after all!
They had tractors and combines to drive and augers the kids could operate. They also had cows that they could milk. I would like to brag on Maddie a bit who could milk the cow with out being instructed of the "pinch-squeeze" technique. Obviously another talent she has had from the womb. We won't tell her Papa Amis or he may put her to work!
One of the favorite exhibits was this huge bubble maker. The kids could step in on the black circle and then pull the string and a very large bubble would come up all around them. This is Maddie just as her bubble popped. There were about 6 adults watching around 11 kids in our group and at one point I looked over and Liberty and Maddie were in this exhibit together and had quite a long line behind them with a few parents in the line that were giving the "Who is supposed to be watching these kids!" look on their face. I'm sure they had been in there for quite a while so like any responsible Mother I sent Troy to get them out!
Here is Sam with his bubble around him.
They had a pretty big emphasis on agriculture- we were in Indiana after all!
They had tractors and combines to drive and augers the kids could operate. They also had cows that they could milk. I would like to brag on Maddie a bit who could milk the cow with out being instructed of the "pinch-squeeze" technique. Obviously another talent she has had from the womb. We won't tell her Papa Amis or he may put her to work!


1 comment:
I've been wondering how this was! We'll have to take my nephew Gavin to it when he comes to visit!
And I think perhaps I'd like a turn in the bubble machince!
Post a Comment