We spent Friday afternoon/night in Destin for Daddy's last weekend without school. Destin is one of my favorite places. For some reason it is 100% prettier than Panama City Beach and has wonderful shopping. (Now if you are vacationing on the panhandle I still want you to come to Panama City Beach...if you don't go to Destin you won't know what you are missing ;-) ) Anyway we had a great time on the beach and then shopping and eating out.
Maddie and Sam definitely love the ocean. They jump right in and have a great time.
Sam's new fishing hat from the GAP. He can't wait to go back out on the boat with Papa Don.
Maddie with her balloon from Jake on the Beach (one of my favorite stores!). Maddie is turning into quite a shopper! She went crazy in Build-a-Bear and had quite a time picking just the right outfit for her Hello Kitty. Troy even enjoys shopping in Destin because they have a Bass Pro Shope. I have 2 side notes for this post....
#1 if you are shopping with 2 children ages 2&4 in a very large outlet type situation with no stroller, it is very helpful to tie balloons to their wrist to make them easy to spot if they decide to hide in the clothes racks!
#2 I would like to state my appreciation to Bath and Body Works and The Yankee Candle company for creating scents like "Sweet cinnamon Pumpkin" and "Autumn Wreath" so that I can enjoy the scents of my favorite season in my home even though it is still 100 degrees here in September and we have maybe one tree in the whole state that changes colors.
3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get away for a little vacation. I agree with you on the scents that remind us of fall. We have the same seasons here in Texas, summer and not-quite-summer.
Hey, Glad you had a great time! I wish we could have done another little get away, but can't right now. The balloon idea is great, I never thought about that for shopping. Mine like to hide in the clothes more that they are supposed to.
Looks like fun! We'll have to get some shopping in while we're home!
Post a Comment