Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baseball

 Sam started baseball this fall. He has wanted to play for a while now, but we decided to wait until he was 7 to play and just avoid the t-ball years. He and Troy play pitch and catch a lot and practice batting so he knew most of the fundamentals going in. He has really enjoyed practice and his coaches have been great. Their first game was last Tuesday and they won 16-4! Before the game all the boys on our team huddled up, took a knee and said a prayer. So cute! At the end of the game Sam was awarded the game ball by his coach for "working so hard" in his position. Oh man, was he excited!
 Sam played catcher, which he loved. He liked having all the extra gear on and getting to stand next to the batters. The umpire and the coaches for both teams were very encouraging to the boys during the game which I appreciated. I'm going to have to work on my baseball photography, but I took these pictures from the bleachers while holding Marla Grace, feeding Meg a picnic supper and keeping an eye on Maddie on the playground near by...I'm glad Troy will be able to come to his next game to help me out!
Here he is batting...He is #12 on the "Lynn Haven Navy Blue Crushers". He hit the ball each time he batted and even scored 2 runs. He already knows his next game is on Monday at 7....we hear about it at least 10 times a day! I'm glad he has found something he enjoys and is getting to make some new friends and work at being a team player.

No comments: