Tuesday, September 10, 2013

8 Months

 This sweet little one is 8 months old already! She has changed a lot just in the last week. She is doing much better with her eating. She is taking baby food and cereal mixed with formula now. She is also sleeping much better at night only getting up one to two times.
 She also started army crawling and boy is she fast! I set her down and she scoots any where she wants to go. Nothing in the house is safe and the kids are learning quickly to pick up things they don't want baby slobber on. Finding something she isn't supposed to have makes her laugh!
 She had her 6 month check-up a few weeks ago (Yes, I'm behind!) and the Dr. said she looks great. Her left eye still has a clogged tear duct, but it seems to be getting better. There is definitely less drainage although it seems pretty irritated at times. He just wants to watch it until she is one. She also can't sit up yet. (Sam had similar problems in that he couldn't sit up even past 9 months and he only army crawled, never hand a knee crawled.) The Dr. said not to worry and that she will sit up in time. He checked her muscle tone and said she could sit up if she wanted....I'm beginning to think we do too much for her!
 Her looks are changing also. I think she is looking more like Maddie looked at this age except Maddie had blond or no hair! Maddie had her 9 month picture taken in this heart outfit and she looked a lot like this! I can't find the picture right now or I would do a comparison on here....I'm sure it will turn up in one of my safe hiding spots :-)
She is definitely and sweet easy going girl lately and we are thankful since she has to go with the flow of our large busy family.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

She's so sweet!! Cooper had a clogged tear duct too. At about 13 or 14 months, we had to have it probed because it never cleared up on its own. It actually was probed twice and finally the second time worked. The probing was not fun to watch, but that clogged tear duct was a pain so I was glad to have it fixed! I hope hers clears up soon and on its own!