Meet Meg's goldfish....Orange!
She had a lot of fun picking him out, insisted on carrying the bag home in her car seat, and named him Orange. Now she is just like the big kids with her very own fish!
Speaking of a fish tank, this thing is no joke! Troy has been cleaning the thing once a week with Sam's help and changing out 10-15% of the water. But the water continues to be cloudy. We researched some online and decreased the food we were feeding. It helped some, but the cloudiness lingered. Then a few weeks ago, Maddie's fish started doing weird flips and floating near the top of the tank. Back to the research and we found out they may need some veggies. We started putting cooked peas in the tank and it helped some. Then this weekend, Sam found some fish flake food that came with something we had bought and started feeding that to them. Within 24 hours the water was crystal clear and Maddie's fish was swimming normally. I'm not sure there is a moral to this story, but I'm glad the water is now clear and the fish seem happy, and I'm hoping I can stay off the goldfish websites for a little while! So much for goldfish being an easy pet!
1 comment:
Glad you were able to solve the "cloudy problem" - makes one wonder how the fish in the ocean ever make it! I guess you would call yourselves "The search and rescue team! G'ma
Post a Comment