Friday, February 15, 2013

Mimi's Visit

My mom came in to visit last week and saved us alot of worry :-) She had been trying to make it down with my dad since Marla's birth and one thing after the other kept detaining them. On Thursday we found out why. She flew in right as I was being taken in for emergency surgery for a complication following Marla's birth. I wish I could say the surgery went fine, but it didn't. After the surgery there were more complications that resulted in me being hospitalized and having to receive a blood transfusion. We are very thankful that things are better now, and are thankful for all the Dr's and nurses who worked hard to save me :-) 
 It was very comforting to me that Mom had my kids and also that Troy was able to be by my side. Marla had to be put on formula and she did fine with all of her feedings until I could feed her again. Maddie and Sam showed mom around and were big helpers Mimi said. And all the fun that a Mimi brings was a great distraction from a pretty stressful situation! On the Saturday after she got here, all of the kids Christmas gifts arrived from her and my dad. The kids had a great time with that of course.
 They got some beautiful dresses,
 Cool action figures,
 Yummy candy,
And some homemade treasures! 
I'm sure I can never thank my mom enough for all the meals, laundry done, cleaning and the care she gave to the kids while I was recovering. We love you Mimi!!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I had no idea!! I'm so sorry to hear about the complications, but I'm glad you're doing better now!

Fitzsy said...

Mimi is the best! So glad she was there :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it comforting to know that God was in it all? You should write a book about ALL your adventures, Mary. (In your "spare time", of course!!) So thankful all is well now! G'ma