Saturday, January 28, 2012

100 days!

We celebrated 100 days of school this past Thursday!

We started off with "100" Pancakes. Then we headed to the park after lunch to enjoy the beautiful weather. (We were glad the temperatures were in the 70's and not the 100's!!)



Maddie and Sam were very proud of the fact that they had mastered this jungle gym since it had given them problems last summer. Megan was very proud that she could walk up this ramp...and she did it about 100 times.


When we got back to the house we worked on a special Valentine craft which will remain a secret ;-) On the first day of school I can remember looking ahead in the kids books and thinking "I don't know how they will be doing these things by the end of the year!" But they have worked hard. Sam is reading simple words and knows all of his numbers up to 14. Maddie is adding 2 digit numbers and read me "The Little Red Hen" this week. I'm amazed at how fast they learn! It was a good day and I for one am very excited 100 days are behind us!

No comments: