Sometimes having a brother is tons of fun, and sometimes it's a pain in the mouth! Maddie and Sam had a little accident this week while playing pirates. They ran into each other and bumped heads, obviously the concerns that we have had with them both being hard headed have been confirmed because Sam's head broke Madaline's tooth in half at the gum line. We had to have it extracted which was pretty traumatic for all involved. (If you want to know the story just give me a call!)

The night after the procedure Maddie's lip was very swollen and numb. We couldn't get a picture because she couldn't smile.
The next day she was all ready for a photo shoot. These smiles may have come about with the discovery of the tooth fairy and a trip to Toys-R-us that day to spend the loot.
It has really changed her looks. I wasn't ready for her to start loosing teeth, but ready or not out it came!
The next day she was all ready for a photo shoot. These smiles may have come about with the discovery of the tooth fairy and a trip to Toys-R-us that day to spend the loot.
It has really changed her looks. I wasn't ready for her to start loosing teeth, but ready or not out it came!
2 comments:
Aww! Poor thing! I'm glad the tooth fairy made it all better for her. I won't be surprised if Garrett's smile looks similar in another year or so. He fell a few months ago and hit his mouth on our hardwood floor. One of his front teeth is changing colors because it has nerve damage, so I won't be surprised if his dentist ultimately pulls it. At least little kids look cute when they're missing a tooth! :) I hope you won't have to go through that again, though!
She still looks adorable!! It's a hard way to loose a tooth, but you know they will always remember it!
Post a Comment