Friday, January 30, 2009

Sick....


We spent the first 3 days of this week fighting a stomach bug that Madaline had. Sam was feeling very left out and Maddie learned to enjoy laying on the couch! Here is a conversation I heard while in the kitchen fixing lunch.

Maddie: I'm so sick
Sam: I'm sick too!
Maddie: No you are not! Just I'm sick!
Sam: I want to be sick....
Maddie: I'm sick 'cause I threw up!
Sam : Mom!!!! I want to throw up!!

And so the week went! Praise the Lord Sam didn't get sick, but he did spend alot of time on the couch with his blankie wanting his temperature checked. Today we were doing preschool and Madaline was not wanting to participate. She said she felt sick and wanted to lay on the couch. I checked her temperature and it was normal. She had eaten breakfast fine so I figured she was just trying to get out of school work. I said "Your fine...maybe just a little sick in the head. Now keep doing your worksheet." (I admit not the best choice of words!) Later we were driving to Chic-fil-a to meet Daddy for Fun Friday and this little conversation transpired.

Sam: Where are we going?
Mom: We are going to meet Daddy for lunch
Sam: Can we go to Daddy's work?
Maddie: (very matter of fact) Sam we cannot go in to Daddy's work because I'm sick in the head!

So the kids song rang in my head 'Oh be careful little mouth what you say!' And I realized once again that anything I say will come out of their mouth!


4 comments:

Lydia said...

That is so cute! And so true. I'm glad Sam didn't get sick and that Maddie is feeling better.

Melinda said...

I guess I should enjoy a few more months of Philip not really knowing what I say! Just kidding. They provide so much entertainment!

Melissa Ruff said...

I know this is a sick picture of Maddie, but it is really cute!

The Dunfords said...

:) I won't share the things that have been repeated out of Janelle's mouth. I'm sad Maddie was sick but it is a very cute story!