Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Eve

Last weekend we celebrated Christmas as a family since we will be heading North very soon for the actual Holiday. We started out by baking Santa's cookies. We made chocolate crinkle cookies and the kids had a blast making a mess!Then we headed out for dinner at one of our favorite local restaurants. Don and Mary joined us for dinner and we had a great time. It was nice to sit and relax and just enjoy a meal.Megan loved her spaghetti!Maddie...well....she ate alot of bread. We are really working with her to get her to eat more variety and she is doing better- I promise!Then we went "ice" skating downtown. The kids had a blast. At first they could only walk on the skates, but by the end they were actually gliding around.Then we went shopping around downtown. Troy was disappointed the sporting goods store was closed, but we had fun at the antique shops. They also had some bounce houses set up and some carollers singing. When we were leaving a band had started to play. It was very relaxing and fun. I was a little shocked when I saw some toys from my childhood in the antique stores. I'm either really old, or they are pushing the antique thing a little! Then we headed back to the house and the kids opened one gift. They all got Christmas Pj's and dressed in them for Daddy to ready the Christmas story. They were so excited I was afraid they might not go to sleep, but ice skating really took it out of them and they just crashed! I love seeing all their excitement and remembering how exciting Christmas was when I was little. Such sweet kids!

No comments: