We are one week in to our 2nd year of homeschooling. I'm a little sad to say that I'm glad school is back in since it brings structure and order to our daily life! The kids are also glad and so far are loving it! We are streaming their school this year and so far have liked it alot. I was worried that they might have trouble signing into their accounts, but they can do it as fast as me now. Kids these days are so technologically savvy these days ;-)
Maddie is in the 1st grade and LOVES her new video teacher! She seems to be picking things up a lot quicker this year and is most excited over music and art. She is going to continue in dance this year and also is going to try out a new art class that is taught here in town. She wants to take piano and flute lessons, but we are going to wait one more year at the instructors advice.
Sam is in K-4, it's his first official year. We went ahead and bought him the whole curriculum as he is very eager to learn and gets a little bored when Maddie is busy with her studies. The first day he paused his video about 10 minutes in and came in to report that "I already know all this stuff!" Hopefully the year grows more challenging as he learns his alphabet in cursive and how to read!
We have suspected for a while that he is left handed and now that he is doing more structured writing and coloring I'm 100% sure that he is. He is starting a new karate class next week that meets twice a week.
I listened in on a few of their lessons this week and was struck with how grateful I am that they are able to be taught from a Christian standpoint. I heard several times the teachers backing up values that we teach them at home while teaching them reading, writing and math.
I feel very blessed that we have this option for school.
Maddie is in the 1st grade and LOVES her new video teacher! She seems to be picking things up a lot quicker this year and is most excited over music and art. She is going to continue in dance this year and also is going to try out a new art class that is taught here in town. She wants to take piano and flute lessons, but we are going to wait one more year at the instructors advice.
Sam is in K-4, it's his first official year. We went ahead and bought him the whole curriculum as he is very eager to learn and gets a little bored when Maddie is busy with her studies. The first day he paused his video about 10 minutes in and came in to report that "I already know all this stuff!" Hopefully the year grows more challenging as he learns his alphabet in cursive and how to read!
We have suspected for a while that he is left handed and now that he is doing more structured writing and coloring I'm 100% sure that he is. He is starting a new karate class next week that meets twice a week.
I listened in on a few of their lessons this week and was struck with how grateful I am that they are able to be taught from a Christian standpoint. I heard several times the teachers backing up values that we teach them at home while teaching them reading, writing and math.
I feel very blessed that we have this option for school.
1 comment:
I hope they like school as much as their G'Grandma and Mimi did. I could hardly wait for school to start each year. Sounds as if they have an excellent start. My Mother always said she put me on the school bus my first day of school (lst grade then), and never saw me again!! Ha! Love you ALL!
Post a Comment