Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Twirly Skirts

This past weekend I made the girls some matching Christmas skirts. I had this material from last Christmas, but I guess if you finally use it, it's alright! I told Sam I would make him a little green neck tie to match but he said "I won't wear it mom." I'm sure he was being honest so I decided not to waste my time.They looked like little doll babies dressed up.
My sewing machine actually broke a few weeks ago and Troy got my Grandmother's 1943 singer out of the attic and that thing works like a charm. It has so many presser foot attachments that I thought I would try a few out. I used the 'ruffler' on Maddie's skirt and it made it very full and twirly. She twirled when she tried it on. She twirled when we were on our way to the car for the church Christmas program. She twirled into an elderly lady in the aisle of the church. And she twirled and jumped when we got home.

Girls love twirl!

5 comments:

The Rinkers said...

Cute and festive!

...And...I still like to twirl when no one is watching!

Jen Green said...

Cute cute cute! All that twirling reminds me of Angelina Ballerina.

Joany said...

I've never learned to sew, Mary, but that is a goal of mine. Great job!

Anonymous said...

That machine is older than me I remember when we hid it from the tax man in Colorado what ever that was about.
Dad

Melissa Ruff said...

Love the twirling! The girls are adorable! I still twirl sometimes, just to aggravate the boys, they don't enjoy twirling! :-)